Therapy is such an important part of mental health management, but this year, it may seem like more of a luxury than a necessity. In our October episode, Mike and Leanna continue their discussion about why therapy is important for freelancers and self-employed workers, and how they can make it happen.
Part 2 of Therapy for Freelancers focuses on finding the right therapist...and paying them! Mike and Leanna walk share their own experiences with paying for therapy over the years and some tactics for finding the right type of mental health help for your budget and needs.
In this episode, we cover:
- Different kinds of therapy
- Paying for therapy with and without insurance
- Negotiating rates with your therapist
- Other therapy options for self-employed (and people on a tight budget!)
Don’t miss the final part of our 3-part series on therapy for freelancers next month as Mike and Leanna dive into how to get the most out of your therapy session!
- Types of therapists (blog by Two Chairs)
- Federally Funded Health Centers website
- Mike Veny’s Mental Health Guide (+ free services!)
- Free mental health services (Healthy Place)
- SAMHSA National Helpline
- National Institute of Mental Health
- Mental Health America